Avon’s CR500 was developed specifically for the demands placed on tyres by Caterham’s lightweight, powerful sportscars. It was originally developed as a bespoke tyre for the original Superlight R500 but is now standard fitment across Caterham’s entire Superlight range. Derived from Avon’s motorsport range of products, the road-legal CR500s have a track-inspired, aggressive tread pattern designed to shift water and offer increased grip in wet conditions. The CR500 features are:
- Staggering wet and dry performance
- List 1B permitted race tyre
- Tyre design draws on 25 years of race tyre technology and development
- Full racing tread compound
- Manufactured entirely within the motorsport manufacturing unit
- Tyre construction utilises exotic cutting edge materials that are not found within a road tyre
- Designed with Caterham for Caterham using both Avon and Caterham engineers and completing hours testing on the track and the road.
- The CR500 is a road legal racing tyre.
- Ultra light weight contruction
The CR500 is being replaced by the ZZS as OE on Caterhams, however Avon Motorsport will still continue to manufacture the CR500 in limitied quanities for the foreseeable future. We would recommend changing over to the ZZS where possible.
|Tyre size||Service index||Rim choice||Rim used||Measured at||Diameter||Section||Tread||Revolutions|
|175/55R13||75V||5.5 - 7.5||5.5||22||1.52||20.59||523||7.48||190||7.05||179||979||608|
|205/55R13||85V||6.5 - 8.5||6.5||22||1.52||21.65||550||8.54||217||7.95||202||932||579|
|245/50R13||93V||8.0 - 10.0||7.5||22||1.52||22.52||572||9.65||245||9.33||237||896||557|
|195/45R15||78W||6.5 - 8.0||6.5||22||1.52||21.69||551||7.68||195||7.52||191||929||577|
|245/40R15||88W||8.0 - 10.0||8.5||22||1.52||22.52||572||9.76||248||9.25||235||896||557|
Championships which the CR500 is used as the control racing tyre:
As different constructions and applications can affect the finished dimensions of a tyre the figures are subject to change without prior notice.
For further confirmation of current data on the CR500 please contact Avon Tyres Motorsport or your local distributor.
Avon Tyres Motorsport reserve the right to alter tyre specifications at any time, and without prior notice.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the data of the CR500 but no liability can be accepted for errors or omissions.